The past few days have been great! On Friday, Kristy and I got our pictures taken with the Hubble hardware in the shuttle before the doors were closed.
The rest of the time was filled by some well-deserved parties and beach time.
On Monday morning, we met with with a bunch of people, and drove onto Kennedy Space Center to watch the launch. It was really hot and sunny, so it was good that they had big tents set up to shade us. The launch was awesome - it was so bright! From our position, we heard the crackling of the solid rocket boosters, but it wasn't too loud. It was over in 90 seconds though - way too short!
On Tuesday, I left Florida for Houston, where I'm now waiting for my first console shift to start. This is so exciting - after so many years of working on this project (~8 years), I can't believe we're actually doing it now!
1 comment:
so cool! i hope everything goes well with the mission. i'll be thinking about you!! travel safely :)
Post a Comment