Sunday, March 14, 2010

Doooiiinnnggg! and crawling

Jared has discovered the spring doorstops, and they are his new favorite toys! He was playing with them so much that he actually broke one! It was a quick fix for Dad, since the spring part just came unscrewed from the metal part attached to the door. And we got it all on video, which is the best part. One of these days, we'll have to download our videos off our camera, so we can post some. I wonder when that day will ever come...

In other news, Jared learned how to crawl forwards! I was gone on Saturday, appraising a Destination Imagination tournament (very similar to Odyssey of the Mind, if that helps), and Steve showed me the video when I got home. At 2:15 pm, Steve shot the video of some shaky forwards moves, and by 4:15 pm Jared crawled in a straight line across the living room to me. He is so amazing, and is developing so quickly! That night he also said "Yeah!" and "hi" which was super cute.

He is still eating everything and anything that we give him. I was feeding him the other night, and he sneezed most of it out, which was funny. (It was actually super funny, since my mom had just sent me an old cartoon of a mom getting food sneezed on her, so it was very appropriate timing.) So I am cleaning up the oatmeal and spinach, and I look up to see that he has his mouth open as wide as it will go, waiting for me to shovel more food in. It was like he was saying "hey Mom! What's the hold-up?" So Steve and I burst out laughing, and Jared joined in.

Jared is now so quick and mobile (and has already tried pulling himself up on things). This means that Steve and I spend a lot of time running after him to secure what we need to. We are babyproofing by necessity now. We'll see how much longer we keep our coffee table, he is already hitting his head on the corners and lower scalloped border.

I'm sure there is so much more to tell, but I am drawing a blank. The days seem so exciting and full that I don't seem to be able to find the time to do much else than watch and play with Jared. Jared is still waking up multiple times a night (usually 2-3) and waking up for the day around 5:15 am, so our days are long, and Steve and I collapse at the end of the day. We're hoping that the time change helps us out with this problem. And this is just one kid kicking our butts! We are hoping that once his eating/speech/mobility development slows down a little bit, that he might go back to sleeping better. I don't mean to complain - other than his sleeping, I couldn't ask for a better kid. I guess he couldn't be perfect, right? ;)

No comments: