Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jared the Destructor

I realize I just posted a few hours ago, but within an hour of the first post, I noticed that Jared has 2 more teeth coming in the bottom. No wonder he has been so cranky lately - poor kid!

Also, I keep forgetting to post how much Jared likes chaos and destruction. If anything is stacked, he takes it as a personal insult, and quickly topples the stack. He doesn't even let you stack two things before it gets knocked over. He also likes a mess, specifically clothes. If anything is together, like clothes in a laundry basket, or folded on the couch, these quickly get tossed all around. So he is good at helping me unload the dryer, but is not helpful when I am putting wet clothes into the dryer, and he keeps pulling them out. :) He really likes banging on the front of our top-loading washing machine, since it makes a very satisfying hollow banging sound.

He also realizes that beep-beep-beep means that the door is closing. Since Jared likes to poke his head (and whole body) into places now (like the fridge and the dryer), we beep to signal to him that we are closing the door, and he actually seems to respond to this.

We're going to State College and the cabin this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to post next week about our PA adventures.

1 comment:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Oh destruction. I remember when Max did the same thing! We thought it was hilarious. We would stack some blocks and he would see this from across the room, come over knock them down and then go back to what he was doing before.

We'd play this game for hours! Looking forward to seeing all of you later in the day.