Thursday, June 18, 2009

36 weeks - wow!


Today I am officially 36 weeks along. At the end of this week, the baby will be considered full term. (37-42 weeks) I can't believe that I'm getting so close to the end!

I forgot to mention in the last posting the funniest quote that I've seen, courtesy of the guys who double bagged my card at my work baby shower. Not surprisingly, the quote was written anonymously... "Watching a baby being born is like watching a wet St. Bernard coming in through the cat door. Enjoy." :) It cracks me up every time I read it! Talk about some disturbing imagery!

Last night, I took a breast feeding class at the hospital. the teacher was excellent, and I took a lot of good notes. We'll see how much I remember though when the kid is screaming, and I can't get a good latch.

I had my OB visit yesterday also - they're every week from here on out. The baby's heartbeat is in the 130's, and I've gained 23 pounds so far. I guess the baby and I are both putting on the pounds! On babycenter.com, they say that the baby is probably about 18" long now and weighs about 6 pounds - crazy how that all fits in my belly where my guts used to be. :)
I saw a different Dr. in my practice than I normally do, and she didn't like the fact that the baby will have little movement for a few days, then go crazy active for a few days (even though this has been consistent throughout the entire pregnancy.) Anyway, they hooked me up to a fetal monitor like they have at the hospital to monitor movement. At first - nothing. Then the baby woke up, and everything was fine. The kid just goes on spurts of activity, and I can't do anything about it. We'll see if the baby still acts like that after it comes out.

1 comment:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

It was great seeing you and Steve today! Thanks for including me in the celebration! Please let me know if you have any questions on labor/delivery/nursing/etc. If you want some help getting the apt. ready for the baby I'm happy to help!