We had a very nice visit with my parents over the 4th of July weekend. They took some stuff home with them to make room for the baby's dresser. They were also smiling a lot when they helped Steve assemble said dresser (stupid Ikea instructions!) The dining room was also rearranged to make space for the glider and footstool - we seem to have a lot more room in there, now that we rotated the table.
My mom swears that the baby has dropped slightly, although I'm not sure if I agree or not.
Steve and I think the baby is coming late, but we're also being realistic and getting ready, since it might be any day now. The bag is beginning to get packed for the hospital, but mostly it is still in list form. It's surprising how much stuff I'll be bringing, considering that I won't be in the hospital for very long!
Congrats to my coworker Ray, wife Kerry, son Michael, and new son Ryan! Ryan arrived on July 2nd, and is one of the cutest newborns that I've ever seen! Thanks for the pictures Ray!
Week 38.5 Stats:
Weight gain: 24 lbs. (down 2 lbs. from last week. This had them concerned until we realized that it was a morning vs. afternoon weighing difference.)
Heartbeat: still in the 150s bpm - going strong
My belly (up & down) has been consistently measuring 38 cm for the past few weeks (they seem happy with that number, not like I would know the difference.)
Cm dilated: 0 (the ultimate goal of 10 cm is only about 4 inches! Check it out on a ruler - it doesn't seem like enough room for the baby to come out!)
% effaced: 50 (Think of a normal uterus as an upside-down beer bottle. The % effaced is the thinning of the neck of the bottle to look more like a mayonnaise jar.)
Station (how far the baby's head is in my pelvis): -3 (not a whole lot)
My midwife estimates that the baby's current weight is around 5.5 lbs. That's interesting, but since this was done just by feeling my belly, I'm not sure how much I believe it. The baby's head is down in the launch position though! :)
2 comments:
i'm glad little baby b is in the 'launch' position... that made me chuckle :) you're looking good! i hope you're feeling well. your little one will be here before you know it! i'll be thinking about you and looking forward to the good news! :)
Mike and I were convinced that I was going to be late--I was sure I was going to go until 42 weeks! Not so much--Max came 2 days before his due date! Good luck! Can't wait to hear and see the newest baby on the block!
Post a Comment