Sunday, January 31, 2010

LOVES to eat!

Jared has now eaten rice, oatmeal, and barley (separately). We cook up the grain, put it into the food processor, mix it with some breastmilk, and he gobbles it up! It took him a couple of days to figure out the mechanics of the whole eating thing, but he's got it now. Next we move on to vegetables, so we'll see how that goes.

Jared is sleeping better, but no matter how well he sleeps at night, he is always waking up around 5:00 am. Steve and I are trying to figure out how to address this, since we don't want to start our days quite so early.

We are now on Skype - mainly so the grandparents can see Jared on a regular basis. If anyone Skypes, look us up!

Jared is always doing cute things. He now puts his arms up just before you pick him up. And every now and then he makes a purring noise, it always makes me laugh. He loves his lion toy that Grandma and Grandpa B. got him for Christmas - every time he sees it, he gives the toy a big grin.

Jared also supported himself standing the other day. He was leaning both hands against our full length mirror and standing up, and I was only around as a safety net. This kid is going to be running around before I know it! ~groan~

I posted some pictures the other day in the 6-9 month folder. I'll have to put our latest pictures up soon. Today, we put Jared into the Astronaut Commander outfit that I bought for him before he was even born. He looked so good in it! And he is definitely the Commander of this house! :)

No comments: