Jared is enjoying grabbing his package now. Sometimes it's through the diaper, but mostly it is when he is exposed during diaper changes and baths. Sometimes, it's a death grip, and sometimes just repeated squeezes. I think it's hilarious, because I try to block him with my arm when I'm changing his diaper, but he acts all sly, looks the other way nonchalantly, and sneaks his hand under my arm very stealthily. :)
After Jared's weekly Elmo picture, he turned Elmo over on top of him, and started spanking Elmo! Of course, I couldn't get a good picture of this before he stopped - Steve and I were laughing so hard!
He has also started an odd arm movement. He clasps both hands together and swings his arms in a big O from his face to belly and back repeatedly. He seems to really like doing that.
On Thursday, we stopped letting him have his pacifier when he sleeps. It's been tough on all of us. Jared still doesn't go to sleep easily like he used to, and he always seems tired between naps, but hopefully things will improve this week.
I was able to get dressed up and even put on makeup to go out to my company's holiday party on Friday night. It was nice to let my hair down (literally) and go out for some adult conversation. Steve stayed home to watch Jared, since my parents couldn't make it down due to the storm. It was okay though, since Steve had a nice uninterrupted evening of video game playing - I'm not sure of the last time that he's had that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment