Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Itchy and Scratchy Show

I have had a pretty easy pregnancy, but this itching thing is out of control! I itch all over, but mostly on my torso. I have tried cocoa butter lotion, and I actually broke out my shea butter foot cream this morning (it is really thick) to put onto my belly. That seems to work better than the cocoa butter lotion. Any other ideas? I'm getting desperate...

5 comments:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

use some baby oil or olive oil after you get out of the shower while you're still wet. Itchy belly is very normal! I was CONSTANTLY slathering lotions and oils on to keep it smooth and non-itchy.

Meggipi said...

i'm sorry to hear about the itchiness... but i have to tell you... i LOVE the title of this post! it's great :)

hope you're itch-free soon! if it makes you feel better, i got crushed this past week in my hotel room with mosquito bites... i have no fewer than a dozen bites all over! it's no fun... so my itchy isn't the same as yours, but i can sympathize with how annoying and uncomfortable itchy is!! :)

Diane, Steve, Jared, and Scott said...

The baby oil seems to work the longest. I didn't realize until I read the directions that you are supposed to put it on while you're wet - then pat dry.
It's kind of like how I didn't know how to properly apply rubber cement until a few years ago. (Put the rubber cement on both surfaces, allow to dry, then stick the 2 surfaces together - go figure.)

Diane, Steve, Jared, and Scott said...

oh, and my coworker dubbed me "The Itchy and Scratchy Show" during the Hubble Mission, so I can't take credit for coming up with that.

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Oh yes, applying oil while wet is the best way to use it. I think rubber cement is ridiculous anyway, so don't feel bad about that!